My position has allowed me to work on a broad range of aging issues. While all are important and need to be addressed, if I had to choose, I believe affordable insulin and personal responsibility for health and money management would have the greatest impact.
- Make insulin accessible and affordable nationally
- Dramatically increase personal responsibility for preventable illnesses
- Increase individual responsibility for personal finances
- Establish Erie County as a model environment for healthy aging – in a compassionate community – where older adults thrive and contribute back to society
- Develop a market driven national model for energy efficient and affordable housing for seniors that includes access to healthcare services and social activities in a community setting